Sunday, November 2, 2008

Dexter...

“I am the punishment of God...If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.”
-Genghis Khan


Dexter - Showtime Sundays 9 p.m.
Hero and I are huge fans of this show. (I just tacked that quote up there on top because I think it fits.) Anyway, with everything going on the last few weeks we have fallen behind on watching Dexter episodes, so today we got almost all caught up. This season is very exciting so far and different from the previous ones... I am really liking the way Dexter's character is evolving.
See you tomorrow!

2 comments:

Pat said...

Yeah, I like this season so far. I'm intrigued with the whole Miguel Prado friendship arc and also the Dexter-as-potential-father stuff (though the scenes with the ghost of his father feel a little ripped off from Six Feet Under).

And with it being on Showtime, it's clear we're building toward some spectacular plot point, which I have yet to decipher. I'm glad I'm not the only one who appreciates the new direction they're exploring this season.

After the Ice Truck Killer and Bay Harbor Butcher fiasco, it's sensible to tone it down in some ways (unlike, say, Weeds, which I love, even though it found new ways to stretch the bounds of plausibility this year).

Melanie said...

Hey Pat! I am so conflicted about the whole Miguel Prado relationship. On one hand, I feel Dexter is looking for a replacement for his father, maybe not looking purposely, but Miguel showed up and now Dexter has someone to confide in. But on the other hand, I don't want Dexter to trust him. The whole storyline captivates me. AND Dexter as a father... what a twist. Love it. Can he just be a serial killer with a heart? He is certainly showing some innate "loving" characteristics this season, particularly having to do with the children. (The pedophile episode.)
As always, I'm completely hooked.

You mentioned Weeds. Another favorite. They took that to a whole other level this season didn't they? Looking forward to seeing what Nancy and whats left of her gang will be up to next season. I can't see where Doug will fit in, which is too bad... he is a favorite of mine.