Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Where I've Been


I really didn't mean to just disappear, step out and not return, switch my status to "away" and never change it back. But one thing led to another, and days added up to weeks, but I'm here now. Back with you. Online. So what have I been up to, you may be wondering? Outside the blogging world, I've been busy getting my house in order, STILL. Damn that is a never ending task, but also I've been swimming in creativity and inspiration, which I adore, and at the end of every day I feel a little high when I look around and see what I've accomplished. The hero and I are working on a fairly tight budget this move, since our house cost a considerable amount more than our previous one. I've decided that to begin, I'm going the use what you have route when decorating. You know what? It has turned out lovely. I'm re-purposing things all over the house. We are living the definition of recycle! It has been both challenging and fun. Like a puzzle. I've only had to purchase things like a couple bookcases, a few lampshades, shower curtain, towels, and only two bigger ticket items... a sofa and love seat for two separate rooms and some area rugs which we found at very reasonable prices. God I love the thrill of the hunt. I'm like a hunter stalking its prey looking for great values.


As far as wall art is concerned, I've used what I have. It is fine. Great, actually. Not fancy or valuable, just that I like what I have. I'm filling in with old Black and White family photos.. This house is feeling like a home. Speaking of home, my kid is coming home today! Hee! (At some point the teddy bear border in his new room is going to have to come down, it is on the list.)


Another thing I've been doing is thinking. Now that I've moved, and said goodbye to my beloved home town, and hello to my new life, I've been wondering which direction to take this blog. I sort of feel at a crossroads here. I have so many interests, so many things I like to talk about, (often whine about, I know.. I know) I'm not so sure how to classify this little piece of my heart anymore. Personal journal? If it is that, then I would feel odd talking about food or decorating or many of my other interests. I don't want it to be too schizophrenic an undertaking, yet I would like to express my whole self. Hmmm. See what I mean? I've been busy in my own head.


So, with all that going on in my head this past Sunday, I came up with my Holiday page header up there at the top. I hope you like it. I do think I need to tweak the font a bit to make it a bit easier to read. I've been out there gathering all kinds of fun tools to use on Blogs, and that is something else I'd like to perhaps pass along. See? Me with all the ideas. I'm a thinker, I tell ya.

Happy Tuesday all.


No comments: