Wednesday, December 17, 2008

And Now for Something Completely Different.




Yup, the news is still bad on the Daddy health front. As I type, I'm sitting beside his bed watching him sleep peacefully... finally. I can't betray his dignity by going into details but the last couple of days have been something to behold. Being the sort of girl with a dark and silly sense of humor, I've been looking for ways to find a little levity in every day. We all have. So far, not a single day has disappointed in that respect. Even my sweet daddy has provided some giggles and smiles, heck the amount of cussing and name calling alone he does is cause for me to crack a smile. He is, after all, still an old professional cowboy. So today, while the news continues to be not so good, dare I say bad, just sitting next to my cowboy watching him torture his sitter and nurses with attitude and catching the occasional sparkle in his eye when I notice that sometimes he is completely lucid and doing these things purposely, and he knows he is being ornery... well, it is just another magical moment I get to spend with him watching him draw in his breath. Some day, I am going to feel very thankful for these moments with him. I'm still praying that a recent procedure will help him along enough to prepare for chemo and radiation.
My husband the hero made the twelve hour drive from Chicago yesterday. So glad he is sitting here with me now. This morning, I showed him a recent purchase I made. I've discovered that retail therapy is still, well it is still therapeutic. One of my sisters took a few hours the other day to do a little holiday shopping. This item I brought back for myself. Chicago winters are cold, so I needed a warm hat. Take a look. This is very similar...
It is me, no? Yes! We have all agreed. But I'll be waiting until I get back home to wear it. Here in Alabama it has been in the 50 degree range.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Enjoy the weather, at the very least. It got back up to 50 here in STL this morning, but we'll dip back down into the 20s for some freezing rain/snow the morning Pat and I are heading down that way. Joy.