Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Woman Gets a Beatdown by a Snowy Sidewalk.

One sidewalk. Seemed harmless enough at the time, although to its credit it was covered in a few inches of heavy wet snow. But still, one damn sidewalk. Do you mean to tell me that after weeks of unpacking boxes and lugging furniture around to place it just so, and hanging heavy pictures, and scrubbing every freaking inch of this house top to bottom including the garage, that the thing that finally puts my ass down hard is shoveling one damn sidewalk? Really? Hmmm. I don't really know what to think about that, but it makes my head cranky and I actually just woke up at noon feeling much much older than my age. I'm going to go take some more Tylenol, then I might go kick that sidewalk out of spite, since kicking myself for being so out of shape would be both awkward and likely make things worse. Oh, and once again... Hero told me not to shovel the sidewalk. In his infinite wisdom, he said it would make my back worse. So, true to form I was stubborn. Hero, you were right I was wrong. There. One of these days I might start listening to you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The key word in that last sentence is "might". I won't hold my breath. ;-)