Monday, December 29, 2008

Giving something back.

Click HERE to find out more about how YOU can Raise the Cure.
Since my Dad's diagnosis with Pancreatic Cancer, I've been feeling helpless. One thing I've done is research. The Internet is a bottomless well of information about cancers of every kind. Good information, bad information, how to sort through the muck? One organization I have found that I like very much is the Pancreatic Cancer Action Network. While I can find medical information at any number of reputable sources, this site is devoted to advancing research, "supporting patients and creating hope for those affected by the disease." As a charitable organization, it is a four star charity and accredited by the Better Business Bureau. I'm not here begging for donations. That is just not my gig, and I have no personal involvement with the organization other than thinking highly of it. What I am here to do is to ask you to check it out, and if not this, check out an organization you feel passionate about. So many good organizations are out there to help raise awareness and funding for the ugliness that touch each of our lives in some way. At this time of the year, particularly this year when I am reasonably healthy, I need to give something back. How about you?


No comments: