Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween

"Watch out for Witches and Stuff." Indeed. On this day, please beware of the spooky aforementioned "stuff." While one never knows where they may encounter this strange entity called "stuff", watch and keep your guard up. Please let me know if you encounter said "stuff". I'm dying to know what it is.

This could be creepy stuff... crows gathering in a leafless tree. I like them, myself, but I can also imagine a scene from Hitchcock's The Birds getting ready to happen here.

Luckily, this witch doesn't seem too spooky. In fact, she seems to be having a rather frank conversation with this little youngster. Maybe she is explaining that witches have been given a bad rap for centuries. My very favorite thing about this picture is all the other little ones up on the hill spying. So cute.


As one of the descendants of one of the Salem witches who was both accused, convicted and consequently hung for her supposed crimes, on this day where we need to watch out for "Witches and Stuff" I will honor her memory by passing out treats to children that come to my door. Most likely while wearing my yoga pants and a sweatshirt. Dressing up like a witch is really not my style.
Happy Halloween Everyone! Stay safe and definitely... watch out for stuff. K?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And watch out for Melanie when her nose twitches like in Bewitched.

:-p