Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Today is all about thinking Pink!




So despite the chaos going on around me, (more on that to follow) I wanted to pause and reflect. I have been so blessed to have lived forty-five years without so much as a hint of a lump or bump to even indicate a breast cancer scare. Others in my family have had scares and some have had battles in recent years. For them it was frightening and at times overwhelming, for us... the family members standing by watching it was a helpless feeling as we prayed and did the things you do for the people close to you who are given a cancer diagnoses. So, today, in honor of National Breast Cancer Awareness Month... take a moment to pause and reflect and say a prayer if that's your gig, or donate a couple bucks if you can, and definitely take some time to print out THIS! If you don't have one or have it committed to your memory already. Oh, and schedule a mammogram if you are due for one. I am.

No comments: