Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Oh Autumn, You are Gorgeous

Welcome Ms. Autumn. Just look at you, regaled with all your colorful spectacle. Why do you seem so demure? Surely anyone capable of splashing parts of this earth with such beauty for a few short weeks each year is capable of a little lustiness. And please, don't be so humble... you do such fine work. Your brush strokes are perfect and your eye for color is enviable. I myself try to emulate your color choices in over half the rooms in my home. I shouldn't gossip, but I'm not a fan of your friend Winter's color scheme. (Nor do I approve of her rude and surly behavior. I felt her sending a cold wind my way the other day, and yesterday there were a few snow flurries. SHE is not welcome until the leaves are off the trees. Please let her know I said so.)

I didn't take this photo, I found it on Wikimedia. But I think Ms. Autumn did a lovely job here. And it reminds me of a dream I had once that made me laugh and wonder, and I still remember it vividly to this day. Those are the best kind of dreams.

Just peaceful. A person, me, could get lost just walking endlessly down this road. Peace is what I need today. Received some worrying news last night about a family member. Have been worried sick about another little guy. I am distressed that I can't fix either situation. I hate helpless feelings. So, today is all about me trying to figure out how to deal, and also making some banana bread, and of course continuing work on the house.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Banana bread is mmm mmm good! Yummy yummy yummy I got banana bread in my tummy!