Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Moving Chaos and Other Trivia


Okay, so chaos. I mentioned in my thinking pink post earlier today that I would follow up on that later so here I am. Its all about this moving thing. One never really expects things to go down perfectly, but smoothly would be good... right? RIGHT? I've never been good at making a long story short, but here are the highlights so far.



  • The movers were supposed to show up Monday morning, but due to delivery issues they had nothing to do with (payment issues on the part of their previous delivery customer) they did not arrive here until 1 p.m. yesterday afternoon.

  • The Driver promptly fell out of the truck and broke his foot. This prompted many calls back to the home office. He ended up hobbling around all day on his foot packing boxes until he could get the go ahead from the home office to go to the hospital for an x-ray. Confirmation... as suspected. Foot broken. This is the only guy on the team license to drive the truck. He broke his right foot. This is going to make for an interesting drive to Chicago for him.

  • Oh, did I mention that we were planning on leaving for Chicago this morning? Yeah, not so much. This house is half packed as we speak, 2:20 on Wednesday afternoon.

  • Our moving company guys had to call for reinforcements from a local moving company for the heavy lifting part due to the broken foot. One of them seems a little less than healthy, like maybe he's been hitting the meth pipe a little too hard. Nice. I love this day.

  • Good news, the Vet called. The dog's blood work came back and she does not have Hypothyroidism. To celebrate, I ate a Klonipin. Because I deserve it, not sure I deserve it, but I feel better. So .... um, there.

  • Hero is having to take his conference calls outside today. Too much noise indoors. It is a beautiful day out there. See this is not all about whining.

  • Hero and I both agree that perhaps we should have chosen one of the other moving companies we took bids from. This whole deal is beginning to feel a bit haphazard and disorganized. Two of the things I despise the most. For a girl who likes everything Just... So... this is chaos. Hindsight 20/20. I'll check in later if I have anything to add.
  • Back with more to add! Overheard Crackhead a few minutes ago saying as he was carting a load of boxes up the stairs, I'm never going to have this much stuff if I ever live in a house this big. I feel ashamed, and I'm sorry I called you a crackhead, Crackhead. But I do smell the stale doobage on your clothes, so maybe you are just a malnourished pothead. My bad. Can I buy you a Big Mac?
  • The little guy with the broken foot just said, I hope every thing fits in the truck. HUH?

1 comment:

Shana said...

no way! No Way! I'm really sorry this is such a disaster! I hope all goes well from here on out!