Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Bathing Beauties of the last One Hundred Years. Oh, and American Idol.

I adore this photo. Notice the title, AFTER THE BATH. A hundred and eleven years later we've shed all our modesty and prance around like exhibitionists. Not that I want to go to the beach in a long woolen suit and pantaloons. But having something left to the imagination isn't necessarily a bad thing. Witness the speedo.


I have not been an American Idol watcher all along, and generally do not care about it whatsoever. I got caught up in it last year out of home town pride and started watching. Last night I watched the auditions from Phoenix, and will watch again tonight because I want to see if they make the folks from KC look like a bunch of mindless idiots like the media tends to do, but I'm off topic and tell me please. Aside from the obvious reasons such as this woman trying to get attention... I'm smart enough to figure that much out on my own, has this woman taken leave of her senses and lost all of her self respect?

Yes she is beautiful, yes she is a model, blah blah infinity. I don't think she can sing well enough to move on. I'm calling it now. She is going to be thrown off on her kieister in the first round. If I'm wrong, I'll be sentenced to watching the entire season to the end, which is horrifying enough. Damn you Simon and Randy for acting like school boys. (Paula and Kara? You behaved awful too.) Simply put, y'all should not have given her the attention she so badly wanted and didn't deserve. So glad to have that rant out in the open.

I am not a TV Blog. Say that ten times with me.

No comments: