Monday, January 5, 2009

Welcome to the New Year.

Belatedly, I say Happy New Year to my friends, family, blogger friends and three faithful readers! I kid you. There are more than three. Happy New year to my anonymous friends in the middle east and Great Britain! Happy New Year to those of you landing here in search of the photo I posted back in August of Philip Johnson's Glass House. Yes, it is eye candy isn't it? But, a topic for another day. Really what will be a topic for another day is that we have another famous glass house very near where I live, also an architectural wonder, and I'd like to talk about that sometime soon. Perhaps that should go on my to do list.



Speaking of lists. Who here makes resolutions? I do not. I do not resolve to lose weight or exercise more or whatever else can make me more disappointed in myself than I tend to get on my own without some list glaring at me as if pointing a big fat red finger and telling me I'm a failure with each unchecked item. Nope. Typically my self esteem takes a beating all on its own. I'm the panic driven, anxiety ridden, paranoid freak girl next door who apologizes for everything even when it is clearly NOT my fault. But! I've been thinking about some things and reading some posts fellow bloggers have put up in the past few days and events going on in my own life have made me pause and reconsider this resolve to not resolve policy, at least give it some deeper thought.



I think it is practical, for instance, to consider the idea of writing down a list of goals to accomplish as a way holding yourself accountable. My friend Pat mentioned this the other day in his blog and I thought it was a wonderful idea. The way he explained it inspired me. Today, he put up his list. 101 things to accomplish in 1001 days. Please go there now. Read. Be inspired to do good things. I know I am. I don't personally have a list compiled for you to read, just an attitude to pass along.



Be fabulous in 2009. 2010. Whenever. Enjoy life, live it to the fullest, grow, learn, explore, dust out the corners and do it all over again with joy!








Stay tuned, I am planning on discussing items on my own list... which will be so very short, most likely one at a time. I'm just underwhelming that way!

2 comments:

kcmeesha said...

I never set any goals. I have some things I'd like to do and have them in the back of my mind until the right time, but I hate planning, so I never plan ahead for more then a few days.

Melanie said...

I've always been pretty much the same way, but with recent news about my father having a very bad illness, life suddenly feels very short to me and I feel compelled to accomplish things... not things like unpacking the last few remaining boxes after my move (though that would be a good thing!) but things I've dreamt about all my life. I also think you said it well, you have some things in the back of your mind until the right time. Great way of describing it. Thanks m.v.!