Monday, January 12, 2009

For My Hero.

Falling in love and getting married is a gamble every time. I feel somewhat qualified to say that, having been married twice. Once a failure, a bad gamble if you will, and the second time a resounding success by all accounts.


These are not the sort of things I tend to discuss on my little blog, but my last post was raw and emotional and my handsome hero (seen here in the 1970's during his college years, Go KU Jayhawks!) felt a little less than heroic after reading it. That was not my intention. This man will always be my hero.


This is how I see him in his very heroic moments. So, let me straighten this all up. Hero? You will always be my hero. No, I do not place you on an unreasonably high pedestal. In fact, there is no pedestal at all. You are not, in fact, a SUPER hero. You are my hero. Not perfect, but mine. You keep me happy, sane, and feeling loved. You stepped in and took care of me and my son and my dog,, making us all yours . You love us and the rest of my family unconditionally. You have adopted my ex-inlaws as if they are your own family. These are the things that make you my hero. My big Jewish hero.

I love you.
Now, off topic but I need to mention this. I found this image on the page of one of the bloggers from KC. I hope they don't mind my using it. I don't tend to publicly get political or state my position on things. The nation of Israel is dear to my heart. I won't get all preachy preachy. This is how I feel.



4 comments:

kcmeesha said...

what's the name of the jewish superhero? and I know about not becoming full-time war blog, I am trying to avoid it myself.

Melanie said...

Hey m.v. the name of this jewish superhero is Magen David. He is part of a group of superheros called the Jewish Hero Corps. They have great names such as Dreidel Maydel (she spins!), Yarmulkah Youth, Menorah Man. Their story is interesting. Give them a Google!

Melanie

Anonymous said...

I was such a stud muffin as a teenager... what happened?!?!?

Melanie said...

Aw honey, what didn't happen? You grew up, educated, became distinguished and handsome, not to mention successful! Seems like a stud muffin in my book, the grown up version.