Friday, January 23, 2009

Yes, More Friday (Fun?) Facts.



Oh lordy. Welcome back for another edition of Friday's little treasures I like to think of as me copping out of genuine writing and making self centered lists instead! Sometimes it is really all about me. Recently, I've had the good fortune to reconnect with a few old and dear friends from my past who have reminded me that I am, indeed, a circus freak to be reckoned with. (At least in my own mind.) A few of those appear on this list.


  • Do you remember 1982, do you love Rock and Roll? Because I used to love Rock and Roll and I used to love Joan Jett too, until the militant girls down the hall from us in our Dorm played this 45 yes folks, a 45, non-stop every single afternoon at full volume. Being a mouthy one- hundred pound preppy weakling, I figured standing in the hall screaming at them to shut it off would actually do something productive. I see now I was just adding to the noise.
  • Do you remember wearing bandannas? Around your head? Who the hell was I kidding. I even had to have my best friend roll the damn thing because I couldn't figure it out. Some bad-ass Pat Benatar wanna-be I was!
  • Leg Warmers anyone? How about Flash Dance style cut up clothes? Check. Check. This is a fashion trend that should have never come back a second time unless you truly ARE a dancer. I am not. I am the least graceful person you will ever know.
  • I make a funny face when I have a headache. The hero says it is a fish-face. I don't do it consciously, but it eases the tension. It also makes me look odd in the grocery store, just casually strolling along... alone with my list and my cart. Yes, very pretty. I'm so lucky they let me out once in a while.
  • Have you ever been drinking a soda and laughed resulting in a painful expulsion of soda out your nose? I have had a similar experience with an entire sliced olive. Again, very dainty. And I'm sincerely thankful they let me out at least once a week. And I'd like to add... How the hell? I really don't understand the mechanics of how this happened to me.
  • At one point in my life, hello Junior High School, I was the most awkward little dorky girl in school. Do the girls who never go through an awkward stage during that time have an awkward stage later in life? It only seems fair.
  • I worked my way through college by flipping burgers at a well known fast food restaurant famous for the slogan "Where's the Beef." For a brief time, we had to wear visors with flashing lights for long forgotten promotion. It was painful. For the ego.
  • Even more painful... I worked at that job for over five years.
  • I made fantastic friends at the painful job. That is not freaky at all. It is just worth mentioning.

This wraps up today's edition of Friday Fun Facts. Tune in next Friday ...

Have a happy and safe weekend!

No comments: