Friday, September 26, 2008

Countdown is almost over.

The movers arrive on Monday to begin packing us up.

This weekend is the beginning of the end of our time here in KC. Saturday, Hero and I are taking a day trip down to see our son at school and take him out for a meal and give him hugs. Sunday we are throwing a Bringing Down the House party, cooking up all the food left in the freezer, serving all the wine in the wine rack. It will be a regular mish-mash of hamburger, steaks, chicken nuggets and God knows what else I can dig out of there. Um, yummy. Good thing our friends and family like us for who we are, not what we are planning on serving them that day. It will leave them with memories, though. Most likely gastronomical nightmares. Sorry lovelies. We promise to make it a fun time.

After today, blogging may be spotty for a week or so. I promise to get right back on it as soon as we are in the new house and have Internet hooked up. Hero is headed to South America soon after we move I just know I will feel like writing and will need the company of my laptop.

Everyone have a fantastic weekend wherever you are. Here in KC the weather is fine and the locust leaves are beginning to fall. I think I spotted a red maple leaf turning on my tree in the back, but it was just one leaf... things are turning to autumn slowly.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful weekend! I hope the the bash is sloppy and the move is seamless! Oh, and if you happen to have any leftover food or wine, you can always send it my way ;)

Melanie said...

Thanks Andrea! You are thoughtful! The Bash was a little sloppy and we'll see about the move... still in the process as we speak! Wow, I'll have lots to blog about next week won't I?!