Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Of Miscellany and Love

This is the longest space of time I've taken off from blogging since I started doing this. Nope, not getting lazy, have been working on a project. Well, have been a little lazy because I do like to take the occasional nap and have been taking more of them lately as if my body is telling me to store up the energy for the weeks, months ahead. Silly body, we all know you can't store energy in that way. You can't reason with your health. It does what it wants. Mine likes to actually scream at me, I do what I want, FOOL! Now lay down and nap, or I will knock your ass down and you will nap for a week. Whatever. Not really what I set out to talk about here... oh me with the stream of consciousness crap. My mind is all over the place lately.



What I really wanted to talk about is I have a proper timeline to work with for my move. Our movers show up to pack us on the 29th and 30th of this month. I am pretty damn sure that is why my head is all over the place. Now that I have a concrete date, I know exactly what I am dealing with. It really is a good thing, whereas before it was just some vague I know it is happening later in the month kind of thing, now it is oh shit now I need to gather up some papers and make some phone calls about the utilities, and find the roof warranty for the new owners etc. The kind of thing I tend to put off unless I'm on a deadline. I'm on a deadline, now it will get done. Easy. I used to be great at this sort of thing when I was working. Pretty sure those skills will come back, not like this is negotiating a contract or anything. Its just stuff. Moving on.

Excuse the mushiness that follows...

My hero feels neglected, as I haven't spoken about him recently on the blog. My apologies Hero. Don't you even think I've forgotten your heroism of a couple weeks ago when you flew in with your cape on and saved me from myself. Or, how you are my best friend and you are forever patient with me. I love you for all of those things. You are in my heart. You are my favorite husband because you finish my sentences and think my thoughts, among many other things. This stupid moving imposed separation will be coming to an end soon, hopefully both of us will feel less neglected... of course we will. The days are ticking down now. I'll find a countdown ticker for you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

To the other 2 or 3 people who read Mel's blog... I'm not really the egomaniac I appear to be by wanting Mel to speak about me in her blog. I know I'm God's gift to Mel (as well as to all women), but I really don't need to read about it, I just like giving Mel a hard time. ;-)

So.... the clock is ticking. It's T minus 19 days and counting. Before we know it, it'll be time to blast-off to Wauconda.

Everything will be out of the current house on Tuesday, September 30, we take possession of our new house on Friday, October 3, and our furniture will hopefully arrive by Saturday, October 4. Now all we have to do is figure out where we're going to stay for 3 nights until we can stay in our new home. It's probably time to buy a couple of air mattresses and an electric pump.