Thursday, September 4, 2008

New Life, New Look...


I'm rushing things by taking on a whole new look with the blog today. I had planned that for next month, but today I was feeling crafty, creative, and let me just be honest. My time is limited this month. It is a busy September, and the clock is ticking away. In a week's time I will be in Alabama with my family for a much needed visit. After that, there will be a whirlwind of visits with friends which saddens me, and then the mundane necessary things one has to do to pack up and move away. So mundane, they hardly need outlining here. So, instead of adding a countdown clock to my growing list of gadgets, I went with the photo of the clock. You like?


In other news. Today I forced my sorry ass to shower and dress and even put on some mascara and lip gloss and drove myself to a little shopping mecca I like. A little retail therapy never fails to cheer. Never. Never ever. This was a useful trip, I told myself. I bought books with a gift card... FREE.
Next I headed over to TJ Maxx to purchase a shower curtain, liner and rugs for the new guest bath at the new house. New house has a silly wallpaper border in blue and white. Being on a budget, I'm working with it. Fabric is very similar to this:

I also bought two buttery yellow chenille bath rugs, and some rings for the shower curtain and I'm calling it good.

Next stop Kohl's, where I purchased a deeply discounted comforter set in sage. Again, the one we are currently using will not work in the new master. The new one will get us by. I'm happy.

New decor for the blog, some new duds for the new house to put out when we arrive. New books to make me laugh.

This is my little story to tell you that my mundane little day made me happy. I hope yours did too.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fabulous new look, M. And looks like you're making it all work.

xo

Anonymous said...

Love the new look! Retail therapy is ALWAYS a good thing :)

Anonymous said...

You said my favorite four letter "F" word.... FREE. And of course that goes along with my favorite four letter "S" word.... SALE. :-)

The picture of the clock is nice, but I think a countdown would be fun.