Monday, March 2, 2009

Adventures in the Sunshine. And the snow.


And so, despite it all I did get my butt up and out the door this morning for a short adventure. In keeping with my new plan to get on with my life because it is not getting any longer, I drove my skinny ass to the bank. And! Since, there are 167 branches of this bank in the Chicago metro area I decided I would try a new one today. I chose one of 10 within 9 miles from my house in a town I don't often visit. Good lord. No wonder the banks need a bailout. Do we really need one of these banks on every street corner? They may as well combine them with Starbucks. Let's not go there. Anyway. What the heck, an adventure on a SUNNY snowy day. Hey, do you think this was a wink from an angel? That alone was worth getting out of the house to see. Yes, the sun was shining and it was snowing. I'm not a meteorologist, just a spectator. All I know is what I see, folks. I realize this is the most boring post about a trip to the bank ever, but it is my adventure and it is the first time I've been out of the house in weeks, unless you count a week in the hospital... which I DO NOT. So, I do my business with the bank, lose my checkbook in the process (thank you good Samaritan for turning it in for me, now I get to visit that bank again in the morning.)

Realizing here that grammar is poor. It is both late, and I'm tired. Moving on.

I also needed to pick up a few things for the house and one of them was a shower caddy, you know the thing you hang from the nozzle to hold shampoo etc.? Is it just me, or does anyone else get completely overwhelmed by too many choices? I stood in TJ Maxx for 45 minutes just staring at the end cap housing these things. Overwhelmed. Just give me three and let me decide. I can't decide between 15. It is too much to bear. Finally I just grabbed a sturdy looking one and threw it in the cart and walked away. Fast. My legs were tired, I couldn't stand a change of mind.

When I turned down the next the aisle, I found the little object you see pictured at the top of this post. Really, how could I resist? Doesn't every little housewife who is hopped up on happy pills and pain killers need a set of these for her kitchen? The moment felt right. Appropriate. And not even ironic. Me. Still medicated, still motivated. Still not giving up.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You go girl.... just don't overdo it. ;-)

Pat said...

I enjoy reading about your adventures. And I'm digging the new look around here. Welcome back!

Melanie said...

Thanks Pat!