Sunday, March 1, 2009

Not Giving Up

Even though it is very much winter here in the Midwest and I'm still recovering from the dumb aftermath of an even dumber illness, all I can think of today is springtime and fresh air. Seems I'm suffering from the winter blues. Tomorrow I think we are getting snow. Later this week the weather should be nicer and in my effort to log it, therefore I shall accomplish it... I plan on taking a walk outside. Perhaps that will serve as my mood brightener. Frustrated with my body not keeping up with my mind right now. One of us is quicker than the other. I'll let you figure out which one.

I'm not giving up on my quest for energy. Hero keeps telling me it takes time. All I know is I'm done giving it my time, life is getting shorter every day. Time is wasting. I'm restless. I'm not really feeling poor me... I'm feeling lets get out and make things happen despite it all.

4 comments:

kcmeesha said...

feel better, I am still here reading :-)

Lawyer Mom said...

Winter gives me the blues, but you got a double whammy this season. Hang in there. I'm glad to see you're not dismissing the pep pills option outright. They may not be the answer for you. But don't feel like a failure if you give them a whirl.

Here's hoping you get your spunk back soon!

Melanie said...

Thank you m.v. I'm feeling better and stronger a little every day. Thanks for sticking it out and reading. Much appreciated. :-)

Melanie said...

Lawyer Mom - I dismissed dismismissing the pep pill option a few years ago, (does that even make sense?) in favor of controlling my anxiety and panic. They help with the winter blues too...a nice plus, but not a cure! Hey, maybe I need one of those lights for SAD? I would absolutley invest in one of those if I could have my usual spunk 365 days a year. :-)