Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Giving to my Sister.


Because this is a very big week for my sister, and I can't be there with her in person, I'm giving her my good thoughts and some energy. I'll be talking more about the details later in the week, but today she needs to gear up, gather her energy stores, drink her favorite beverage... coffee, and bring it. Which is really all about what she does best.

Here are a few motivational aids, sister style, just for her.

So she doesn't forget she comes from a very long line of very strong bitch slapping women, there is this:
Rest in Peace, Susannah Martin.


So she doesn't forget that her generation was full of rebellion and here is the remnants of what remains of the graffiti placed on the railroad bridge by her rival classmates from our hometown that we discussed at the holidays, (photo courtesy of a generous friend of mine). The photo is faint, but she knows what it is.

Stay strong. You decide who to say "hey" to.


Because you live in a part of the country where they serve an enormous amount of this animal, I couldn't resist. You know how I feel about this stuff. But go on girl. Enjoy. You need to fuel up.




And finally, I'm not sure why I never gave this pattern back to you in the 80's. So it is in the mail. I Fed-exed it to you this morning. You will receive both it and a fresh outfit, in your favorite color black, just in time to wear to the President's reception. No need for thanks, I just want you to look your best. Because I love you. I really really love you.

It's Hammer Time!



3 comments:

Lawyer Mom said...

You must have posted the prologue to this post, and I missed it. Do tell! Is your sister going to DC? Great post, and wonderful pictures.

Anonymous said...

I want to see Cindy in Hammer pants. ;-)

Melanie said...

Hey Lawyer Mom! No, not DC... but wouldn't that be a blast! She would love that, and as my husband the "Hebrew Hammer" just said, she would look great in some hammer pants at a Presidential reception! LOL See the next post entry and you will get more details. Sorry to be cryptic in this one.