Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Also Starting a New Life, My Nephew...

This is my handsome nephew A. He is the son of my eldest sister, Pam. He and my kiddo grew up like brothers, two years apart, going to the same schools until his mom was relocated to Texas when A. was in eighth grade. A. came to live with my kiddo and I to finish out the school year and spend the summer. I felt so honored to have him in my home, as if I had a second son. It was the perfect timing. My ex-husband and I had just divorced and I was, well frankly I was going through that whole post divorce emotional trauma. I just don't do trauma very well, looking back. Anyway, having an extra child to care for was such a blessing and helped me keep my mind off myself a bit.

This week, A. is traveling from Texas to Alabama to finish college at the University where my other sister Cindi teaches. I am a little jealous that so many members of my family are all there now, in Alabama. Who would have thought. Anyway, I'm proud... so very proud of A. Another one of the clan of kids grown into an independent young man.

Cool picture above don't you think? I snagged it off his Facebook page. Shhhh. Don't tell. ;-)

No comments: