Saturday, July 12, 2008

Shoulda, Coulda, Woulda

Ever get a case of the I should have done that while I had the chance to's? Or how about if things would have been different, I could have ... well, go ahead and fill in the blank. I'm sure we all would have done something fabulous if we only had the chance, or the the money, or the opportunity just dropped right out of the sky and into our laps.

I was chatting with an old friend the other night and I mentioned that I wish I had taken care of something with my ex-husband years ago, while I had the chance. My friend said "Don't start with the should haves." Absolutely solid advice, (Thank you!) the should haves will drive you crazy... not to mention nothing productive can come of them.

I keep thinking about the shoulda, coulda, woulda thing. Seriously, the whole idea goes against my general policy of trying to look forward and not looking back. I said try, I didn't' say I had the whole principle perfected! I'm still capable of handing out a verbal bitch slap here and there for perceived wrongs on the part of others, and wishing it were the real deal. But I'm working on it.

No comments: