Thursday, July 17, 2008

Yesterday's Entry Brought to you by the Makers of Ambien!


I need to make a note to myself. Do not make blog entries after I've taken my Ambien tablet. One only needs to read yesterday's entry to witness the reason why. I wrote the entry late last night, then woke up somewhere around 3:45 and had an odd feeling that I'd sleep written something because my laptop was next to my bed. I opened it and came to this blog and read the entry about yesterday and realized it was a mess, so I tried to edit it at that time but I was still under the influence and obviously didn't catch everything. I'm leaving it as evidence to myself that I should never make blog entries after I take my Ambien.
I am an insomniac. Have been for so many years I couldn't tell you when I have slept through the night on my own. Doesn't matter. The thing is, Ambien really works for me most of the time. I went through a period of time where I wanted to keep a dream journal because I have very odd and vivid dreams. These have been with me since my pre-Ambien days. Hero and I thought perhaps if I wrote them down, we could figure them out. I tried this for several nights, actually writing in the night. In the morning when I would read my journal entries I couldn't make sense of them, and sometimes I would have drawings in the journal. The drawings were crazy. I tossed out the journal. I thought I had learned my lesson. Hero bought me a dream dictionary and it is a blast trying to interpret my dreams together.
Hero, where are you? You are very good at keeping me out of this sort nighttime of trouble. So glad you will be home for the weekend.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry Mel. I guess Underdog would be disappointed in me since "he's everywhere, he's everywhere" and I can only be in one place at a time. I'm glad I'll be home for the weekend too!