Sunday, July 6, 2008

Basking in the Afterglow



So much work to be done, kids, but so much accomplished this weekend. Our hero came home ready to work, my shoulder was feeling okay so we kicked it into high gear and now our garage has a pile that resembles this photo to the left. Anyone want anything? Come on over and pick thru it, Deffenbaugh hauls it away on Wednesday. Most stuff came from the scary basement.... the unfinished storage area in our basement. The room I never go in.
Considering the fact I am NOT a pack rat, I have a shameful amount of crap I've been packing around with me for no apparent reason. I'm feeling liberated and SANE, folks. SANE! Just a little ashamed and nervous about the 50 bags and boxes that will be out on my driveway on Wednesday.
Moving on. I also tackled the bathroom in my teenager's old bedroom downstairs. I just need to share with you that whoever wrote this ad for Gillette toilette cleaner must have been smoking whatever equivalent of crack they had back in the day. Evening gown, my ass. Please. I used twenty-first century products thank you very much, and had to scrub like crazy to remove those hard water stains.
I will take a moment to endorse "Kaboom" it worked wonders on the shower tiles and vanity.
New carpet for the house arrives Tuesday and Wednesday.
Missing the hero already, thanks for all your help this weekend baby.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

She may call me her hero, but Melanie is the REAL hero in getting the house ready to put on the market. I come home on the weekends and do a little bit of work, when I'm not sleeping, watching TV or surfing the Internet, but Melanie has done at least 95% of the work so far. The cleaning Melanie did this weekend is just a tiny bit of the cleaning she's already done and will continue to do. Mel... you're a trooper and I love you!!!

Melanie said...

Thanks Markie, but you really are selling yourself too short. You are the heavy lifter around here and I can't tell you how much help that is!