Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Things I Need to Do Before I Go...



  1. Visit Powell Gardens, Kansas City's Botanical Garden. Why have I not taken the time to go there before?

  2. Take a drive over to Raytown, MO which is the town where I grew up. I rode my bike around that town with my best childhood friend Denise, played Barbie dolls with my friend Karen until sixth grade when we knew we were too old to play with Barbies but played with them anyway, I lived in at least ten different houses because my family moved a LOT... maybe I'll drive by a few of the more memorable ones. I took piano lessons in a big (to me at the time) white house on Sterling Avenue for six years. One time, I didn't want to go to my lesson because I HATED them. I jumped out of the car while my sister was driving. She was sixteen and it was her first time to drive me anywhere alone. No, the car wasn't moving fast and yes I was a huge brat. I think I would like to tour the town, I haven't been there in years. I would like to say goodbye to it. I hear it has changed a lot since the days when I was growing up there, but the good clean memories of youth are still in my head.

  3. Make lots of time for visits with friends! Really, that should go without saying but I would feel anxious if I didn't mention it on my list!

  4. I keep thinking, so many things I want to do before we leave have to do with food in KC. That may have to be a list of its own, but I have to put KC BBQ on this list. Eat as much of it as I can while I'm here. Obviously. No matter how badly it irritates my tum.

  5. Seems like such and obvious and uncreative thing, but always one of my favorites I want to take a little trip down to the Country Club Plaza. Haven't been there in a while, a trip to Anthropologie sounds nice.

  6. For someone who is as interested in art as I am, I am wholly ashamed to admit that I have not taken a trip down to the Crossroads District for First Fridays. The first Friday of the month, the galleries open their doors from 7-9. All of the sudden, I feel like I will erupt in spontaneous combustion if I don't get down there one of these weekends. Why have I been so lethargic about this?

Okay, so six is the number today. Was supposed to be a top ten list, but I'm boring today. Actually I'm kinda down for the count... not feeling well so my brain is stuck. The wheels are turning very slowly in there.

No comments: