Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Murderer Pleads Guilty

Taylor Marquez Pleads Guilty.

Follow the link to read the full story. In short, Taylor plead guilty to second degree murder for the killing of his mother, Pam. Someone I once considered a friend. Taylor has been sentenced to life in prison with the possibility for parole in 25 years.

Taylor was the best friend of my son while they were children, before Taylor and his family moved to the next town over. Taylor was considered part of our family, and my son, I know, was considered part of theirs. Pam was my son's daycare teacher for five years. Joe and my ex-husband coached little league together for several years. I loved Taylor. I will never understand what happened, or what provoked him and his friend Eddie to plot the murders of Taylor's parents and succeed in killing one of them, his mother, on a summer's evening in 2006. But that is what happened.

That act has affected many lives beyond those of Taylor's immediate family. My own son who was in London at the time and learned of it upon returning home has never been quite the same. I'm sure there are many young people who must have been slapped with an unpleasant and painful reality that summer.

I'm happy that chapter is closed for us. I'm just so sorry about the pain Taylor's family must feel.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My thoughts and prayers go out to the Marquez and George families. I couldn't begin to, and pray to God that I never have to, know what they're going through.