Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Food, Friends & Catching Up

Today was a good day. I worked hard in my front garden, used the hedge trimmers to manicure thee barberry hedge that lines the curved sidewalk leading to the front door. Dead headed flowers, pulled weeds, filled in a little hole in one flower bed with topsoil. Swept the front porch and brushed aside the cobwebs in the corders. After four hours, it was time to go inside. Damn that humidity.

Front and sides look pretty now. Back to work tomorrow.. Must get earlier start.

This evening I had dinner with one of my dearest friends, Ann. She is amazing. She works hard,plays hard and still manages to find time to be my friend. Her hobby is running, she does it well. She recently qualified to run in the NY marathon. I'm a proud friend. We share two other hobbies. Reading and shopping. Reading is great for down time, and shopping is a sport, isn't it? In our world it is. Thanks for picking up the bill, girlie. MY turn next time. We didn't have nearly enough time to talk about every thing!

I was saving a few of the get rid of pile for Ann. She loves to get stuff. Today it was Christmas in July... She inherited 3 large grocery bags full of books, a bread machine, some pampered chef stuff I've never used, a cute shirt from the gap that I can't wear and the tags are still on it! Oh, and a pretty little iron and glass plant stand I bought at Ann's southern interiors party 4 years ago and it has been sitting in my closet every since. Yay, I made someone happy today!

Tomorrow it is all about the back yard and gardens and keeping an eye on the window washers.

We are so close. We meet with the agent Friday night to list this bad boy.

No comments: