Thursday, July 31, 2008

Things You Never Asked, But I'll Tell You Anyway Part 2

Once again, in the spirit of over sharing, it's time for another round of Things You Never Asked, But I'll Tell You Anyway! Just 'cause I'm chatty that way. Today, five favorites. Again, in no particular order here's the dirt:

  • My sister Cindi teaches at a University in Northern Alabama. She and her husband are very involved with Habitat for Humanity. She has influenced me so much over the years and she has been such an influence on these kids shown below, who were in my area over their spring break this year volunteering their time to build a home. This is on my list because I was fortunate enough to be able to have these great people in my home one evening for dinner, and while I was so in awe of what they were doing, they were so adorable and sweet and each and every one of them wanted to take a picture of me with my dog sitting in the middle of all of them. I would have them back every week if I could. What a wonderful, unselfish group. I could learn a thing or two from them.

  • The pink ribbon is special because my husband has this tattooed on his arm. His sister was diagnosed with Breast Cancer, and Hero needed to do something to show his support for her. She is a fighter, and is doing fabulously. Love you Lisa!

Plaza Lights 2007 by Eric Bower

  • My favorite bird, the Cardinal. For the longest time, I had one that hung out on my back deck and pecked at the window. His female always nearby. Some of my friends helped me come up with a name for him, Desi. His wife of course was Lucy. He was a constant little critter friend for over 3 years, but disappeared this winter and I haven't seen him. I hope that I don't have to say RIP, Desi. I'm hoping he has just found another feeder to hang out on.


  • One of my favorite actors is Billy Bob Thornton. When I found out he would be attending the film festival my sister Cindi co-chairs at her University this spring, I was happy... that is such a lame word. I was freaking giddy. Giggly giddy. So giddy, in fact, Mark actually humored me and sat in the car for the 9 or so hour car ride down there. Mark does NOT do road trips, so let me say I felt special and he came out the Hero. Once Again. Pictured below at a reception are my perfect brother-in-law John, Hero, Cindi, Coolest Actor Ever & Me. Swoon. I am such a total Dork. I am aware. I would like to note that were it not for the kindness of the University President, Hero and I would not have been at that reception. We were NOT on the list of invitees. Pure dumb luck peeps. Damn I love it when that happens. Didn't I tell you? Giddy. Giggly Giddy. Still.







No comments: