Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Wednesday Wisdom


Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy. ~ Thich Nhat Hanh



This may be my favorite photo of the Hero and me, it was taken by our very dear friends the Altmans in the rain forest of Dominica. In my eyes, it captures the very essence of what the word joy means to me, which is happiness, contentment and dare I say bliss.

I'm not letting the house thing get me down. I'm not letting it take away my joy. I have a good life and many, many good things to look forward to. I know someone who likes to sing "life is a highway..." We will just keep moving along.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Melanie, you have such a positive additude to life. I love the picture too. Good luck selling the house. Gary

Melanie said...

Thank you Gary. You always say the nicest things!