Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Things You Never Asked, But I'll Tell You Anyway

In the spirit of over sharing, these are some totally random facts about moi:

  • I am hopelessly crazy about my son's sense of humor. I don't talk about him often here, he isn't cool with that, but he has been making me laugh hard since 1989.

  • My stepson is older than my son by five months. I love the way he marches to the beat of his own drummer.

  • I love the colors of the earth.

  • I used to eat for enjoyment, then I got a little sick and now I eat for the calories and don't really enjoy eating anymore. Funny how much socializing revolves around food, something I never considered before a few years ago.

  • I am a direct descendant of Susannah Martin, hanged on Gallows's Hill July 19, 1692 in Salem, MA. She was one of the women found guilty of witchcraft and condemned to death during the Salem Witch Trials.

  • My mother was born and raised in Roswell, NM. She has no memory of any UFO activity during that July 1947. She was ten years old. I still believe...

  • I love cowboys. (But I do not love cowboy music.) My daddy is a native Texan.

  • I have a very big crush on Anthony Bourdain of TV's No Reservations.

  • I'm a little creeped out by the Dugger family. Sorry. Forgive me for judging.

  • I have a tendency to be snarky in "real" life. It is probably best to be polite here? I don't know, I'm new at this. Sometimes I don't think "real" Melanie's voice is really coming across in my "writer's voice." No, I don't consider myself a writer. Now I'm confused.

  • I have a very youthful sounding voice for someone my age. When salespeople call, they generally ask me to speak to my mother or dad.

  • I am basically very shy. Something that surprises people, because I can seem very outgoing.
  • Finally, the picture below brings tears to my eyes. These are two of my favorite people. My daddy and my hubby. This was Christmas morning in Alabama.

No comments: