Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Meditations on Disappointment

Zen by Gavin Reece



Our potential buyers backed out this evening. Cold Feet. We are back to square one, which means our house is still for sale. I should not be complaining, it has only been on the market one week and an offer in such a short amount of time was almost too good to be true, though it has happened before, but the market was good the last time we sold a home.

I'm keeping my chin up. We still have time, and Hero can come home this weekend now and we can keep our plans, as scheduled originally, celebrating the Bar Mitzvah of a dear family friend which is where we should be instead of touring houses anyway. Life has a way of setting your priorities straight.

Look at me being all zen. Yes, I did get into those little yellow pills. Ommm.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Two Words to Live By....

I too am disappointed, mad, angry, frustrated, pissed off....

However, I need to remember the two words that have gotten me through past disappointments.

There are many ways to say it... oh well, whatever, it is what it is, la de da (a Ringo Starr song), que sera sera (whatever will be, will be, as Doris Day would say), plus countless more.

As for me, I prefer.... F*CK IT