Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Sweet Liz

The most perfect companion in all the world. My sweet girl Liz, for thirteen years she has sat at my feet and communicated with me by her expressive eyes. She has chronic pancreatitis, cataracts beginning in both eyes and arthritis. I cook a special low fat diet for her to eat five small meals a day, and take her for canine accupuncture when she needs it for her pain. I whisper in her ear each night, "please be a fighter" and then like the ultra religious person I am, (not) I say prayers with her. I know, heartbreaking for me to be such a borderline nutty dork. I absolutely love this dog. Can't help myself.

Right now? This adorable bundle of fur as soft as a rabbit is sitting at my feet passing some deadly gas. Yes. She is farting like an old lady with nothing to lose. Loud and proud. God, I still love her... please help her to keep fighting.

No comments: