Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Princess for a day. Make that half a day.

Flickr Photo Originally Uploaded by Mariel 75899.
So... Today I played pretty pretty princess for half a day! I'm not going to lie, I deserved it. After an early morning wake up and a quick run to the only place open at such an early hour, I settled on the evil empire (Walmart for those of you unfamiliar with my absolute hatred of the place.) Unbelievable I know. I haven't shopped there in years, but I had a mission and a list and this is the good part... MAIDS coming today to clean my house. So awesome for me. Really. I'm not at all used to that sort of thing being that I'm a stay at homer and all that hoo hah.
After I came home from the evil empire and installed the new toilet seat I bought, and put out the new towels in the freshly rehabbed bath downstairs and spread out the bath mat, just so... I moved on to replacing light bulbs throughout the house. Bored yet? I know. My life is so exciting. It is an adventure every day. I got rid of the last of the miscellaneous JUNK in my life by unloading it on my carpenter who offered to take it all to the dump for me for a much better price than 1-800-GOT JUNK was charging me. You guys I feel so free and all "living simply-ish" now that we are all organized and free of crap.
Oh My Gosh, I haven't told you that I vacuumed the garage on Saturday... including the ceilings. I freaking dare a leaf to blow in there. I just got off subject. Sorry.
I was going to tell you about the MAIDS. They showed up early afternoon in a group of three and cleaned while wearing my princess slippers with dog by my side just sat in my big fluffy chair and surfed the Internets. Such fun that was and knocked like a day and a half off my chores for the week because ... we are putting the house on the market Friday! So relieved to be finished with all the work. The last contracted job is tomorrow. Window washer is coming to clean all windows inside and out.
On that note, I'm out. Must rest, tomorrow is another busy day. Working in the garden tomorrow.
***EDIT. What the heck. Why are my paragraphs not showing up Blogger? My big sister the English Professor reads this blog and I am self conscious. Cindi its not me. Don't be judging sister sledge. Love you.

No comments: