Friday, August 1, 2008

A Rant to Welcome the Dog Days of August!

I just know the Hero is going to cringe at me bringing up this topic. I'm smiling sweetly, Markie... just sit tight, it will be over soon enough. A subject of controversy here at our little homestead is a family in the neighborhood, perfectly nice I am sure although, I've never actually SEEN the parents, only the 5 or so children playing in the yard. My problem is this. Well to clarify, it isn't really my problem which is why Hero cringes a little bit. Call me Gladys Kravitz, remember her? Nosey neighbor from Bewitched? I know, I know. Cut me some slack. I'm sick sometimes and am here at the house for long periods of time. I observe things. Geez. Now back off and give me my space. (Love you!) Back to the problem, hot topic, observation, whatever you would like to call it.

The youngest child in this family has been naked whenever they let him out doors for four years. Would I lie to you? No I would not. When he was a baby, it was cute, like awwwe, he must have a little diaper rash and they are letting his touche air out. Weeks and months went by. Summers stretched on. Winter turned into spring and children came out to play again. Guess who came outside naked again? Naked Toddler. That summer he made the occasional appearance in a t-shirt, no pants. I noticed, as I was outside tending to my garden that Naked Toddler enjoyed dampening the sand in his sandbox with a little stream of his own pee. Fun times. I would try to look away as the other kids gathered round the sandbox to build sandcastles. Fast forward a couple of years. Naked baby is oh, about 4 or so now. Still naked. Luckily, the family has let a vast screen of perennials (weeds) grow 6 to eight feet high along the fence line for privacy. The only part of their back yard visible now is the sand box. That red hot bio-hazard sandbox teeming with God knows what kind of flesh eating disgustingness.
Unlike our friend Gladys, I'm staying out of it.. the children all seem healthy and happy and polite. They are home schooled and I'm not into butting into other people's business... just observing it. Don't even tell me you don't do the same.
Is it just me, or does Naked preschooler need to put on some clothes? I fear that some creepy pedophile could be lurking around. Or, another creepy factor, one of these days Naked preschooler will be Naked preteen. I just don't get it.
Okay. Rant over.




No comments: