Saturday, August 2, 2008

Because Everyone Looks Better With Some Color


Friends it is HOT outside here in KC. We are hovering around 95 degrees, high humidity, you all know how it is... the usual August in the Hometown. Because it is Saturday, I'd just like to encourage you grab a towel and a bottle of water and get out there, find a pool or a lake beach and get a little color! Doesn't everyone look better with a tan? That's what I'm told, anyway. Me with my pasty winter white skin, always having to be a rebel. But y'all go ahead, I'm staying inside. I think I'll have a nap! Enjoy!
Happy Saturday!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

While Chicago winters will be colder and snowier than what I'm used to in Kansas City, the dog days of summer won't be as bad. Here's a comparison of forecasted highs for the next 9-days for Vernon Hills, IL (the Chicago suburb I work in) and Blue Springs, MO:

Vernon Hills: 82, 88, 85, 82, 82, 79, 78, 78, 81

Blue Springs: 98, 99, 90, 80, 85, 85, 81, 78, 81

I'll take 82 and 88 anyday over 98 and 99.

JackeeG4glamorous said...

Quick, Get me a parasol!!!!! I don't wanna look like the lady in the picture.
Hint: This is what air-conditioning was invented for, so grab a good book, or whatever is your gig, and stay inside.

Melanie said...

Hero... I'm looking forward to less subtropical summers once we move! Or I should say, once I move, since you are already there enjoying the pleasant weather.

Jackie... Parasol! I love that idea! This week I have plans to polish off a Ken Follett novel I'm working on. It is perfect indoor reading weather!