Thursday, August 7, 2008

Thank Goodness for Little Boys

I am so blessed to have four nephews, each amazing in their own unique way. Take Dan, just look at him. He is so lucky to have this lush head of hot maroon? hair. I jest of course. What do you call those hats? This one is some kind of thing celebrating Alabama. Off topic, sorry. Daniel is so funny. He has a great sense of humor, very dry. Very deadpan. He has been that way since he was a toddler. My favorite story about Daniel happened when he was three and I was expecting my son. My nephews Dan and his twin brother Josh had seemed very oblivious to my swelling belly for most of my pregnancy, but they were very young. One day I walked into my sister's house on a Sunday, and sweet little Daniel must have been told or figured out that a baby was on the way. He ran up to me so excitedly and our conversation went like this:

Daniel: Auntie Melanie! Auntie Melanie!

Me: What!

Daniel: You got a baby in that belly?

Me: Um, Well, Yes I guess I do!

Daniel: (grabbing my shirt) C'mon... pull up your shirt. I wanna see the baby.

Well, the baby showed up not too long after that. Daniel and my Trey have always had a special bond. When I was young, before I had children, I always said I wanted five boys. So, between children and nephews I ended up with six boys and a girl. Such luck!

Above the "baby" and Dan last Christmas trading gifts.

No comments: