Saturday, August 30, 2008

Feelin' the Love, Even if it is a Bit Odd

So tonight the Hero and I have killed half and hour or so watching VH1 Classics. Exciting stuff, Huh? Actually yes, I've felt a little thrill and sense of sentimentality while watching, due to the fact that the entire time it has been showcasing Michael Jackson in what I, and likely millions of aging baby boomers who grew up with MJ, remember as the golden years. I get a little excited and have a hard time sitting still watching the videos BILLY JEAN, BAD and BEAT IT. Makes me want to get up and dance. As we were watching, the thought occurred to me that the THRILLER album was released when I was my son's age now. Then for some reason I felt a little sad, because MJ was so cool back in 1982. Then I realized how he has changed over the years. Life throws hard balls at all of us, Mike. It does.


But what HAPPENED to you? I'll leave it at that, because its not for me to judge you. I'll leave that to the judicial system and to your GOD.



But THRILLER was awesome, and a fantastic time period in my personal history. So, thanks for that.
Funny. I did not set out this evening to post about Michael Jackson, but somehow the red jacket and the beat of the music and the moonwalk just took my mind to a different time. So odd...
'Till tomorrow...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hubby and I were out with several friends last night- a couple of margaritas and a plate of chicken nachos deep and we were all doing the "Thriller" Dance. Like you say, those were good times, and meant to be relived over and over again whether it be singing at the top of your lungs on a road trip or making a loveable fool of oneself at some restaurant with two for one margaritas!

Old school MJ Rocks!!!

Nabeel said...

sure it's odd, but Michael Jackson is the King of Pop .. and he was celebrated .. well still is. He turned weird but was one of the most promising artist of the 80's/90's ... nobody can dance like he can, no doubt about that.