Sunday, August 10, 2008

I'm Superior!








64


As a 1930s wife, I am
Superior


Take the test!


Look at me, in 1930's terms, I'm a superior wife! That means I can go head to head with my grandmothers in some freaky housewife competition. Well, I could never go head to head with one of my grandmothers if she were taking this test. She was the Wife with a capital W. She also wasn't human. Sorry, may she rest in peace. But all in all, its a fun little quiz. Controversial as it is in this time in our social history, I've honestly never been happier in my life than I have been during the years when I have not been working, instead choosing to stay at home and take care of my family and home. Not preaching one way or another on the whole work vs. stay at home issue. That is def not what this is about, peeps. Besides, my kids are in college or about to be. I am an official emty nester. So, no defensiveness k? Trust me, I worked my ass off for twenty plus years, so I've seen both sides of the fence. Listen to me, I sound like I'm arguing with myself. I have strong emotions about both sides, but the stronger emotions lie on the side where I think I was born in the wrong era. In a nutshell, I want to actually be a 1930's housewife. I know with a little practice I could be better than superior, I could actually be excellent and give my grandmother who was a Wife with a capital W a total run for her money.

Dang, I need a time machine. No, I don't have a grudge against my Grandmother, who passed years ago...may she rest in peace. I have emotional scars. She left quite a trail of them in her wake. The irony? She has influenced my life in so many positive ways, disregarding the negatives, that I think of her hundreds of times each day. In so many ways I'm like her, the good side of her. My biggest fear is becoming the ugly side of her. Wow, got a little introspective there for a minute.

Anyway, go, take the quiz, have a little fun. There is one for husbands too. See how you measure up! Go on, get out of here. But come back. Tell me how you did!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mel, you'd be a Superior wife in any era and you're a Very Superior wife now.

As a 1930s husband, I am... Very Superior. If only I was a very superior husband now.

Melanie said...

Hero you are the most superior husband I have ever had. In any era!!