Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Life is a Roller Coaster

One day I am floating along peacefully with all my ducks in a row, the world seems brighter and it seems as if the stress and panic of recent months are soon to be in my rear view mirror as we make plans to drive away, windows down, dog by my side... breeze in my hair, headed for a new life and a new dream home.

The next day, I am caught by surprise that something as simple as a quibble over a chimney flue can possibly take my dream away and keep me here, beginning the process over again. If ever given the opportunity to complete my plans to drive away, windows down, dog by my side... breeze in my hair... it will most likely be with my hand out the window flashing a most unladylike sign at this house for all the trouble it has been. Don't even get me started on what kind of voodoo hoodoo thoughts are going through my mind pointed at a certain set of people. Again, not ladylike.

This better all work out, because I am beginning to feel that I am riding on the world's craziest roller coaster downhill at 70 mph. Let's make that a wooden roller coaster. One that termites have gotten the best of. I. Am. Not. Cut. Out. For. This.

Friends, Hero, you had better formulate a plan to save me from myself. I'm about ready to tumble off the edge.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Everything is going to be fine. This is just a bump in the road out of town that's given us a jolt but hasn't slowed us down. You have to admit, it's been an unbelieveably smooth ride so far and we're still headed for our destination.

Remember... life is a highway and we're riding it together.