Monday, August 4, 2008

Hot Property! Price Reduced for Quick Sale!!!


I'm wringing my hands, I can't sit still, I'm worried. We slashed the price of our house today, after only two weeks on the market, in hopes of seeing more action from potential buyers. Hero and I, both being the impatient sort of people that we are, can't see waiting thirty days to reduce the price. The object is to get it sold and move on, right? I mean it is, right?



What has me wringing my hands and headed for my anxiety meds is the constant worry that the more we slash the price, the less we have to spend on our next house where we are going. Considering the difference in real estate prices between here and there we need every penny we can squeeze out of this house. I really feel that we have poured our money, blood sweat and tears into our home and in this situation, trying to sell fast because we are relocating, we may end up getting screwed.



Maybe this is just the necessary price to pay in order for us to be in one location together again. Maybe I'm over thinking things, which is entirely possible. Maybe I'm tired and not feeling well and things will seem better tomorrow. Yes, that is it. Things will feel better tomorrow. Our house will sell in a reasonable amount of time, we won't have had to resort to drastic price slashing measures... such as a seventy percent off sale, at which point we will be living in a thirty year old Winnebago somewhere, which I guess has its good points when I really stop and think about it... we can travel at a moments notice, we would never have to worry about selling another home, gives a new meaning to simple living. I guess I'm just having a momentary lapse in positive thinking. It will pass. Encouragement needed. Sorry for all the whining.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No need to worry. Things will work out fine. We didn't "slash" the price of our home, we just reduced it a mere 4%. We might not be able to spend as much as we'd like for a new house, but we don't need much and there are still plenty of nice houses in nice neighborhoods available within our price range. And don't forget, our price range is still more than what we originally thought we'd spend. Everything will be fine. Don't worry... be happy!