Friday, August 8, 2008

She is Not That Nice. But She Tries.

Because I think I mentioned once on this blog that I can be a little bit snarky, not saying it is my best quality but I've admitted it twice now, and because this week has been particularly taxing on me both emotionally and for some reason health wise (please don't worry I will not bore you with the details) I have been a little cranky in the head. I say in the head because one of my New Years Resolutions this year was to try and not say EVERY little thing that pops into my mind out loud, and think first. EVERY little thing often includes those little hateful observations you make about people you don't even know. Please don't tell me I'm the only one who admits to having those ugly thoughts. Come on people! Life is a constant struggle and we cannot always all be Pollyanna. This whole paragraph makes me think of a friend of mine, Julie, who said one time about me to a group of people, "She is NOT that nice you guys." It was said in a funny context, but it was also true to a certain extent. We are all multi- faceted. I always smile a little when I think of that day, I was standing right there at the time. So, today I will keep it real with y'all. Here is a peek inside my cranky little mind.

Random unspoken thoughts from today:

9 a.m. phone rings and wakes me up. It is Centralized Showing to tell me I have a showing Tomorrow on the house from 11 to 1. My thought, "Why the hell does it take 2 freaking hours to look at a house, and what am I and the dog going to do for 2 damn hours." Then, "OHHH, maybe they have already SEEN the house and are coming back to take another look!" Followed by, "No, that realtor name doesn't sound familiar, this must be a first timer. Shit. What am I going to do, me and the dog for 2 freaking hours."

In the check out line at the grocery. Woman in front of me with a cart full of fresh produce and assorted foods from the perimeter of the store stares at the items I put on the conveyor which consist of 12 Campell's cup of soup, 10- 32 oz bottles of Gatorade, a jar of spaghetti sauce, pasta shells, Kraft Mac and Cheese. My thought, "What? No we don't eat healthy on optimal days, but this is all post oral surgery food. Back off." Instead, I just smiled at her.

No, this one I can't even publish. It just involves a tennis outfit and a person I guarantee hasn't seen a tennis court in years, if ever. Lycra really does have limitations and they have been exceeded here.

Took my broken pantry door into the Furniture Medic. No lie. That is the name of the business. These were the nicest people I have dealt with or spoken to in the service industry all week. When they gave me the estimate for the repair, which is only $45 I was ecstatic.
My thought driving home: "Damn, why didn't I know about these guys before now. I would have fixed every broken piece of furniture I ever had. They are awesome!"

When I told my son he would need to get up early tomorrow morning so we could be out of the house, my kid who usually sleeps well past noon on the weekends, cough, every day, brightly said to me, "its cool, Mom." My thought: "I will never get over loving this big ole kid just like he is my baby."

That wraps up our first addition of random thoughts, or a peek into my mind. See, I managed a few good thoughts today!

No comments: